Motorcycle riding is an exhilarating experience, but riders must prepare with the right gear. It can be dangerous to wear a regular backpack on a motorcycle — you need one specifically designed for the task. So, what are the best backpacks for motorcyclists?
A good motorcycle backpack is comfortable, durable, and practical. It should be able to withstand the elements and protect your belongings while keeping you safe. When looking for the best backpack for motorcycle riding, there are a few critical things to remember. Firstly, the backpack should be made of high-quality materials that withstand wind, rain, and other elements. Secondly, it should have a secure and comfortable fit to prevent discomfort or distractions while riding. Lastly, it should have enough storage space to carry your essentials without being too bulky.
In the following sections, we’ll take a closer look at the best backpacks for motorcycle riding. We’ll provide detailed reviews of each backpack, highlighting its features, pros, and cons. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a beginner, our guide will help you find the perfect motorcycle backpack.
Best Backpacks for Motorcycles
We know the importance of having a reliable and comfortable motorcycle backpack. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best backpacks for motorcycle riders. Whether commuting to work or going on a long trip, these backpacks will keep your belongings safe and secure while you ride. We’ve tested and researched numerous backpacks to bring you the top options on the market. Check out our list below to find the perfect backpack for your needs.
YOUNGOA Motorcycle Helmet Backpack Bag
We highly recommend the YOUNGOA Motorcycle Helmet Backpack Bag for anyone who frequently travels on their motorcycle and doesn’t have helmet storage on their bike. This backpack is durable and spacious, designed to make your travels easier and more comfortable.
Price: From $45.99
- The backpack has a large capacity of 45L, so you can easily fit all your necessary gear and equipment.
- The MOLLE system allows you to conveniently hang outdoor equipment, making it easy to access when needed.
- The backpack is ergonomically designed to reduce spine pressure, making it comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- The backpack is not machine washable, which can make it difficult to clean after extended use.
- The backpack is quite large, which may not be suitable for shorter riders or those who prefer a smaller backpack.
- The backpack is relatively heavy, which may not be suitable for those who prefer a lighter backpack.
The YOUNGOA Motorcycle Helmet Backpack Bag is an excellent investment for anyone who travels on a motorcycle with a helmet. The backpack has multiple compartments, including a front upper, middle, main, and back pocket. The main pocket can open flat to 180° for easy packing, much like a suitcase.
The backpack is made from high-density double-stitched 900D Oxford & Polyester Fabric, making it durable, waterproof, and tear-resistant. The high-quality zippered closure and extra-durable plastic hardware ensure that your gear stays secure and protected during transport.
Overall, we believe the YOUNGOA Motorcycle Helmet Backpack Bag is an excellent choice for any motorcyclist who wants a spacious and durable backpack for longer trips.
Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack (34L)
The Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack is a great choice if you’re looking for a fashionable backpack with a laptop sleeve that can withstand heavy-duty usage.
Price: From $147.09
- Padded side-access sleeve for a 17″ laptop
- Bottom shoe compartment for separate storage
- Compression-molded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps for comfort
- Heavy when empty
- Some users find it too large for everyday use
- Expensive compared to other backpacks
We’ve used the Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack on several motorcycle trips, and it’s held up well. The padded side-access sleeve is perfect for storing a laptop, and the bottom shoe compartment is great for keeping dirty shoes away from clean clothes. The compression-molded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps make it comfortable for long periods.
However, the backpack is heavy even when empty, which can be a drawback. Some users also find it too large for everyday use and better suited for extended trips. Additionally, it’s more expensive than other backpacks on the market, but we’d argue it’s worth the investment for its durability and functionality.
Overall, the Oakley Kitchen Sink Backpack is a great option if you’re looking for a backpack that can handle heavy-duty usage and provide ample storage space.
ArcEnCiel 20L Motorcycle Backpack
The ArcEnCiel 20L Motorcycle Backpack is a compact backpack made of thickened, resistant grid fabric that can withstand the rigors of motorcycle riding. It also features MOLLE webbing on the sides, ideal for attaching additional pouches or gear.
Price: From $25.99
- The backpack is constructed of high-density 1000D nylon, making it scratch-resistant and water-resistant.
- The backpack has a 20L capacity, which is perfect for carrying a variety of items, including an iPad, A4 documents, a 13-inch laptop, and about 10 T-shirts.
- The backpack has a molle system, which allows you to attach additional tactical pouches or gear.
- The backpack may not be as durable as some other options on the market.
- It’s a smaller size, which may make it less ideal for longer trips.
- The backpack does not come with a patch, which may disappoint some buyers.
We recently took the ArcEnCiel 20L Motorcycle Backpack on a long motorcycle trip and were impressed with its durability and functionality. The backpack held up well to the wind and rain, and we were able to easily access our belongings thanks to the many pockets and compartments.
One of the standout features of the backpack is its molle system, which allowed us to attach additional pouches and gear as needed. The backpack also has a comfortable, padded shoulder strap that helped to alleviate shoulder and spinal pressure.
This backpack is a great option for riders who are looking for a durable and functional backpack for more every-day use. Overall, we recommend the ArcEnCiel 20L Motorcycle Backpack.
- The MOLLE webbing allows you to customize the backpack and attach extra gear.
- It’s compatible with a hydration blatter.
- The front pocket’s organization slots make storing and accessing your tools, camera, and other items easy.
- The ventilation bottom compartment helps keep the stinky clothes and shoes separate from the rest of your gear.
- The bottle holder is too small to fit larger water bottles.
- Complaints that the laptop pouch is not padded enough to protect your device from impact.
- The backpack’s zippers can be difficult to use and may get stuck.
We used this backpack on a recent camping trip and found it comfortable and durable. The expandable main compartment easily fit all our gear, and the backpack’s ventilation system kept us cool and dry, even on hot days.
However, we did have some issues with the bottle holder being too small and have read some complaints of the laptop pouch not providing enough protection. The zippers also proved finicky and required extra effort to open and close.
Overall, if you’re looking for a versatile backpack with plenty of customization options, the Mardingtop Tactical Molle Backpack is a solid choice. Just be aware of its limitations regarding the bottle holder and laptop pouch.
WEPLAN Motorcycle Backpack
The WEPLAN Motorcycle backpack is sleek and spacious, designed specifically for the motorcyclist. It’s made from waterproof material and features a reflective strip, allowing you to be seen more easily while riding at night.
Price: From $32.99
- Made from waterproof material that keeps your belongings dry even in heavy rain.
- Large storage capacity that can fit a helmet and other items.
- Features a reflective stripe on the front for added visibility and safety.
- The zipper can be a bit flimsy.
- Only suitable for small to medium-sized helmets.
- The material isn’t as thick and durable as other backpacks on this list.
We were impressed by the backpack’s waterproof material, which kept our belongings completely dry when tested against heavy rain. Its large capacity was also a plus, as we could easily fit a medium helmet and other items. The reflective stripe on the front was a nice touch, adding extra visibility and safety to rides.
However, we noticed that the zipper can be flimsy at times, which can be frustrating. Additionally, the backpack may only be suitable for small to medium-sized helmets, so keep that in mind if you have a larger helmet. Finally, while the material is waterproof, it is thinner and more flimsy compared to other backpacks on the market.
Overall, if you’re looking for a waterproof and spacious backpack for your motorcycle rides, the WEPLAN Motorcycle Backpack is definitely worth considering. Just keep in mind the potential issues with the zipper and helmet size.
When choosing the best backpack for motorcycle riding, there are a few key features to consider. We’ve put together a guide to help you make an informed decision:
Size and Capacity
Choosing the right size and capacity is crucial for a comfortable and safe ride. A backpack that is too small won’t be able to hold all your essentials, while one that is too large can be bulky and affect your balance. Consider the length of your rides and the amount of gear you need to carry to determine the appropriate size and capacity.
Material and Durability
The material and durability of the backpack are also essential factors to consider. Look for backpacks made from high-quality materials that are resistant to wear and tear and water-resistant or waterproof to protect your gear from the elements.
Comfort and Fit
A comfortable and well-fitting backpack is essential for long rides. Look for backpacks with adjustable straps and back panels, as well as padded shoulder straps and waist belts to distribute the weight evenly and reduce pressure points.
Features and Accessories
Additional features and accessories can enhance the functionality and convenience of your backpack. Look for backpacks with multiple compartments, pockets, and attachment points for gear, such as helmets or motorcycle jackets. Reflective materials can also improve visibility and safety while riding at night.
Of course, cost is always a consideration when making a purchase. While staying within your budget is important, don’t compromise on quality and safety for a lower price on a motorcycle backpack. Look for backpacks that offer the features you need at a reasonable price point.
By considering these factors and choosing a backpack that meets your specific needs, you can always ensure a comfortable and safe ride.
Methodology: How We Chose the Best Motorcycle Backpacks
We spent hours researching and testing various backpacks to identify the best backpacks for motorcycles based on the most important considerations for motorcyclists: Durability, comfort, and practicality. Our team of experts took these products on the road and put them to the test. We compared each backpack for size, weight, material and storage capacity to ensure it meets the different needs that motorcycle riders may have.
While opinions are our own, we also take product customer reviews into consideration when compiling the list of the best motorcycle backpacks. All cost information is from Amazon and is accurate at time of publishing.