38. In 2017, California became the first state to legalize lane-splitting through the AB-51 Bill.
39. Contrary to popular belief, Harley Davidson was not the first American motorcycle company; the Indian Motorcycle Company opened the company’s first factory in 1901 in Springfield, Massachusetts.
40. During WWII, Italy produced the Volugrafo Aermoto 125, a motorcycle folded inside a metallic box and launched from planes with a parachute. Later, the UK and the United States built their versions of “parascooters” with the Welbike and the Cushman 53, respectively. After the war, Enrico Piaggio took some inspiration from these models to create the Vespa.
41. “Vespa” is the Italian word for wasp.
42. The Matrix actor, Keanu Reeves, is a motorbike aficionado despite having experienced a few accidents. In 2011, he established his own motorbike business, Arch Motorcycle Company.
43. The history’s largest Harley Davidson motorcycle parade took place in October 2019 in Paris, Texas, USA, with 3497 bikes.